The past 17th and 18th of May, the Waste Agency of Catalonia hosted in Barcelona the meeting of Government-designated Experts to review the Regional Plan on Prevention and Management of Marine Litter in the framework of article 15 of the Protocol of Land Based Sources of Pollution (LBS) of the Barcelona Convention for the protection of the Mediterranean Sea.
The participants were:
– Mr. Redi Baduni (Albania)
– Ms. Dragana Selmanagic (Bosnia)
– Mr. Antoniadis (Cyprus)
– Ms. Manal Eltantawy (Egypt)
– Mr. Cyril Michel (European Commission)
– Ms. Laure Dallem and Mr. Francois Galgani (France)
– Ms. Maria Caparis (Greece)
– Mr. Rani Amir (Israel)
– Mr. Luigi Alcaro (Italy)
– Mr. Bassam Sabbagh (Lebanon)
– Mr. Franck Lauwers (Malta)
– Mr. Pavle Djuraskovic (Montenegro)
– Mr. Khalid Lalami (Morocco)
– Mr. Mohammed Eila (Palestine)
– Ms. Andreja Palatinus (Slovenia)
– Mr. Jesús Gago (Spain)
– Ms. Inés Houarbi (Tunisia)
– Ms. Nazli Yenal and Ms. Ozlem Karakurt (Turkey)
UNEP-MAP: Mr. Habib El Habr, Ms. Tatjana Hema, Mr. Ljubomir Jeftic, Ms. Shelley Farrington.
Global Programme of Action for the Protection of the Marine Environment from Land Based Activities (GPA): Ms. Heidi Savelli.
Regional Activity Center for Cleaner Production (CP/RAC): Mr. Enrique Villamore, Mr. Roger Garcia, Mr. Frederic Gallo, Ms. Maria Lopez, Ms. Anna Ibañez.
BLUE PLAN: Ms. Carla Murciano.
And representatives from the following NGOs:
ECAT (Ms. Marieta Mima), HELMEPA (Ms. Eleni Mastrocostas), MIO-ECSDE (Ms. Thomais Vlachogianni), WASTE FREE OCEAN FOUNDATION (Mr. Bernard Merkx), and EUCC Mediterranean Centre (Mr. Pedro Fernández).